Mental Health Senior Cycle
The mental health of Senior Cycle and Leaving Certificate can impact the mental and emotional well-being of students dramatically.
Attempting to meet the expectations they have of themselves, from teachers and parents can all have an impact on their self-esteem and ability to manage stress effectively.
Obviously that is never the intention, however it happens.
We know mental health is important and we know that between social media, school, expectations, relationships, sexuality, figuring out the future and family dynamics students have more to manage than ever before.
The Mental Health Senior Cycle needs support more than ever.
We know what it looks like when a student is already anxious or depressed but often it easy to over look those who are externally coping but are still are struggling within themselves.
This includes the A students, the student who refuses to engage and the middle of the road student. Regardless of our conclusions about where any student is, the truth is we are mostly making a guesstimation.
Rarely do adults or young people who are not already in bother know how to identify the process of going from well to unwell. If they can’t spot it in themselves, its defiantly harder for someone else to see it and by the time we see signs in another, they may already be overwhelmed.
I have been working with schools towards supporting their students in achieving their academic best, while maintaining their mental and emotional well-being.
Doing so through a number of talks and workshops. I know that teachers, especially those in charge of SPHE and parents do their best to support students, however the reality sometimes when your that close it’s not as clear.
The benefits to having me facilitate Stress Management and Study Skills to Senior cycle / Leaving Cert students:
- Students respond well to external speakers.
- Brings a fresh voice and perspective to the conversation.
- There is not any conflict of interest and students can share their real stress triggers during the sessions.
- I use language that is simple and relevant to students.
- I have an understanding of the struggles being faced by students from working with students privately for a number of years.
- I work with young people in a number of environments and capacities and always have been involved with youths.
- I care, mental fitness and emotional wellbeing supports mental health, thats what I focus on using coaching psychology.
I love working with students, what they learn today is the foundation to how they cope in the future.
Get the book,
|Have you read Sile’s book Self Care An Authentic Journey? It’s all about filling up so you can do more, achieve more and give more. Full of useful and practical coaching strategies to help you take the right action today! Don’t delay buy Self Care An Authentic Journey today!|