Chasing or running.. maybe both
Chasing something and running from something are often coming from deeply routed beliefs of value and worth.
As a coach often people come to me in the hope they can bypass the process, the feelings and just get the end result they want by chasing it and running after it with tunnel vision.
Recovery … What is it all about?
Recovery, from working with people and having a number of lived experiences I see it differently to how I once did. I have now come to believe that for most of our adult lives, many of us are recovering from something.
Mental Health Senior Cycle
The mental health of Senior Cycle and Leaving Certificate can impact the mental and emotional well-being of students dramatically.
Attempting to meet the expectations they have of themselves, from teachers and parents can all have an impact on their self-esteem and ability to manage stress effectively.
Manage Anxiety with these 5 proven techniques from Positive Psychology. These techniques were put together from a talk in which Bressie, swears by these approaches.
Mental Fitness, from Bressie’s point of view … Bressie is a bit of an Irish hero when it comes to mental health these days. He set up ALustForLife.com which is an online resource to help our mental health and fitness and LOADS of FREE resources. He is no stranger to mental ill health and wrote the book Me and My Mate Jeffery about his own journey.
A dysfunctional family role usually occurs in families where a situation looks something like …
- The needs of the family are greater than each individuals needs.
- There is crisis or difficulty and we focus on that rather than our needs.
- Where one persons experience becomes more important than another’s.
- People are focused on managing, survival and not well-being or recovery
- Where we get on with things but don’t understand ourselves or have insight
- People get caught in the drama triangle in their family of origin and then recreate it in other relationships.
Why do we choose this dysfunction and actively engage with it?